Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Kirstie Maclaren




Kirstie Maclaren’s collection called ‘fold-some’ to me is what I am aiming to achieve for my latest project.  Her inspiration was from geometrical patterns on Art Deco, Brutalist architecture and Japanese fashion. I like the way also that her collection can be change and moved when worn and that the person wearing it can adapt and wear the garment anyway they would like making a new garment each time which really appeals to me.

‘I encourage and am very interested with the interaction that takes place between the wearer and the garment.  Having this curiosity about the way people interact with my pieces, I’ve created a collection that can be worn in various ways. The ambiguity with these pieces allows the wearer to decide how they wear them, folded up or stretched out’



No comments:

Post a Comment